Participants from India will get 50% off by using coupon code INDIA. For multiperiod subscription use coupon code INDIASUB
This event has passed.
Masterclass – Making academic learning fun for your child with Autism.
September 15 @ 4:00 pm – September 17 @ 5:00 pm UTC+5.5
Are you trying to teach academics to your child who has Autism and feel stuck and frustrated?
This is where Prerana Mandle and Rachel Vaz D’Abreo were, when they started schooling their children on the Autism Spectrum. They really tried hard but felt the school system was unable to address the needs of their children. That, is when they made a commitment to make academic learning fun for their kids…
What happens in the Masterclass?
- This is a FREE class when you attend it live but if you want the recordings, they are available for a fee.
- Rachel and Prerana share why they chose homeschooling and how that decision helped.
- Nirupama Rao shares her perspective on making education holistic.
- Reena Singh shares her perspective on functional academics and its role in activities of daily living.
- They will also share how they helped their kids to progress academically.
- How they moved from playdates to homeschooling.
Which topics will be taken?
- Topic for day 1: Setting appropriate learning goal
- Connecting with your child
- Awareness of child’s readiness
- Understanding child’s physical needs
- Addressing anxiety issues
- Challenging a child intellectually without creating overwhelm
- Anthroposophical approach to education from 0-7, 7-14 and 14-21 years
- Topic for day 2: Effective Teaching strategies
- Structured learning environment
- Methods to boost learning
- Multi-Sensory approach
- Forming effective collaborations to boost learning experience.
- Functional academics and activities of daily living from an Occupational therapist’s perspective
- Topic for day 3: Importance of Foundation Academics
- What is Foundation Academics?
- Why it is important?
- How to go about it…
- Future progression meditation
About the speakers :-
- Reena Singh is an Occupational therapist with 23 years of vast and diverse experience mentoring more than 25,000 families whose kids have a diagnosis of Autism. She is also an EFT expert, NLP practitioner, Inner child healing practitioner and Touch for health proficient practitioner. She is also the author of 2 books and has a mission to empower parents and help them become MINDFUL on their parenting journey!!
- Nirupama Rao, a psychologist with 30 years of experience in the field of psychology, parenting, child development and special needs will guide you how to homeschool holistically using philosophy of anthroposophy.Since Nirupama has been the founder and director of a Waldorf kindergarten for children with special needs called Niraamayaa at Mumbai, she knows what challenges may come in this journey as you homeschool your child who has a diagnosis of Autism and will teach you how to overcome them to nurture your little ones. Being a certified Anthroposophic Psychotherapist and Biographic Analyst, she will guide you in certain principles where she will meet parents twice a month for 6 months
- Rachel is a compassionate individual with a degree in Psychology and specialized training in Special Education Needs. She is a dedicated mother of two neurodivergent children, and passionate about providing joyful and holistic learning experiences for all children. She is a firm believer in the power of play as a vital tool for promoting growth and development. Through her expertise, she strives to create inclusive environments that nurture every child’s unique potential.
- Prerana is a passionate and dedicated professional with a master’s degree in Chemistry and specialized training in Autism interventions. She is an entrepreneur and founder of “Gift-a-Smile,” a venture focused on creating joyful learning experiences. She is a devoted mother of a 12-year-old Autistic child, who leverages her personal experience to guide both her child and others in discovering the beauty of life through engaging educational activities. She is a strong believer in infusing fun into learning, for effective knowledge acquisition.
Free – ₹5,000.00